Monday, September 18, 2006

BACK TO DOLL CLOTHES AFTER A FEW DECADES



My sister Jean has been kind enough to "lend" me her little 5 year old grand daughter to end my frustration about wanting to sew a doll outfit, but having no little girls to make one for. The last time I sewed it was for my daughter, who is now 42, and it was Barbie ponchos and bell bottom pants!

So--- I picked up some lovely faux suede, faux leopard print and faux fur and the pattern for the American Girl doll and proceeded to cut and sew and follow a pattern that was sadly lacking in it's instructions.

I can only credit Ms. Schuller for her sewing classes that I took in school, never realizing all she taught me over a 4 year period.

I truly enjoyed making it.....for all of its fuss and feathers and will probably make more-----someday----and sell them on ebay for next to nothing, because that's all the ebay buyers of hand made things want to pay.

For now, my craving is satiated.

No comments: