Saturday, August 18, 2007

My clothesline purse



I just completed a purse made by using cotton clothesline that I wrapped in 1" strips of cotton batik. I've also made some small bowls and coasters using the same thing. Guess it's kinda the "hot" thing and I wasn't going to be happy till I tried making the purse and lining it. What, after all, is a purse without a lining and several pockets to put our "things" in.

So, here's the result. I included a picture of the start of it for those who don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phyllis this is awesome! I love this bag and those handles are perfect. Wow!

Arty Lady's blog said...

Looks fantastic. You are very creative.

Micki said...

Wow, this is great. I haven't really read about this. Is this sewn together by hand or are you able to use your machine to sew the roping together?

Michelle said...

This is fabulous, Phyllis!!!

Digitalgran said...

You have done a wonderful job of these Phyllis.

Judy Rys said...

Very nice job Phyllis. Did you sew it together by machine?

Terri Stegmiller said...

Love it!

Linda said...

Phyllis, this is gorgeous. I bought a book recently on this technique but haven't found clothesline yet to try it. I love the color and the handles too, beautiful job!
Linda

Pat said...

Did you sew the strips together? If not, how do you keep them from sliding togehter

Glenda said...

Most of the quilting websites (especially the ones that sell the pattern) have the clothesline. Clotilde.com has it - 3/16" x 100' for $5.98