Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Another phase beginning

You know, I just begin to think....well, this is it....I'm busy, I'm happy what more is there for me to do.
I left the after school program and miss my kids, but was getting way too many colds for an old
patoot.....and was proceeding on, taking lessons at the local quilt shop....learning more about fiber art and surface embellishment....trying to figure whether to list on Ebay or give Etsy a chance, when out of the blue, I was asked if I would be interested in teaching some classes at my local quilt shop!
I almost fell over.....but decided I'd give it a try. I'll be holding classes in making fabric postcards, needle felting by hand and machine and some other special techniques "mini classes". So....another phase begins. A fun phase for me, and hopefully for my students.
The programs are just getting started and I hope that they will be successful.
Later this summer, a new branch will open and I hope to teach there as well.
Now, every day is busy and creative and just flies by!....(which, as my age isn't the best thing...the flying by part, that is ).
I belong to several creative on line groups with members younger than my own children and admire that they are handling jobs, families, parents and still are able to set a small amount of time aside to be creative and clever. Maybe that's what keeps them going.
Nope, no complaints from this old broad.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Phyllis --I hope you enjoy your teaching --it can be very rewarding knowing that you are passing on what you know.

SeamRippstress said...

Gosh I wish i could take your class! Your organic postcard is so unique.